Alcohol addiction and dependency causes devastating damage to every area of an individual’s life, impacting on careers, relationships and long-term health.
Many people can enjoy alcohol responsibly without becoming dependent, but for others alcohol can affect how they function on a daily basis.
If you’re thinking about seeking help for alcohol addiction, you’ve already made the first step towards finding a solution. We offer a range of effective therapies to aid you in your recovery process.
What are the symptoms of alcohol addiction?
Symptoms vary depending on the individual and include both the physical and psychological:
- Regularly drink more then you intend to
- Alcohol is a depressant so you often feel overwhelmed with feelings of anxiety and depression
- You make alcohol consumption a priority over other activities and neglect responsibilities
- Alcohol decreases inhibition and you often participate in dangerous activities
- You suffer from a depressed immune system
- Regularly plagued by insomnia and feelings of fatigue
- You experience physical symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, sweating, shaking, headaches and loss of appetite
- You suffer from cravings or withdrawal symptoms if you refrain from drinking for a period of time
- You see the signs of cognitive damage in the form of blackouts and memory lapses
Alcohol addiction can impact on every area of an individual’s life; family life, friendships, financial stability and career. If you are worried about your levels of drinking and an increased tolerance means you require more and more alcohol to feel the same effect, seeking support is the first step. We offer a number of effective treatment options and can guide you into finding the right therapy for you.